CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

New to Crossover (trial), Steam wont work?

Crossover 13.0, Mac OSX 10.8.5, steam installer updates itself, but when it tries to launch, crashes, doesnt get as far as user/pass prompt. Any help or guidance (tried reinstalling the bottle, same scenario).

Sincere thanks

Hello, just want to say i've just had the same issue after todays steam update.

I had been using Crossover 12.5.1 to play Skyrim and it ran great!

However today Steam updated, after the update installed it would say 'connecting steam account (username)' and then disappear with no warnings or error messages instead of showing the steam window.

I tried removing the existing bottle (after copying my saves) and reinstalling from the crosstie at http://www.codeweavers.com/via/skyrim/ but it didn't work.

Installing the trial of Crossover 13 and doing the same didn't work either, such a shame. I'd only just got into the game after getting it from the Steam sale.

I'm having the same problem as well. Earlier today it was working just fine, but then there was a Steam update. I think since then it has stopped working. You are able to open Steam's login, but once you attempt to login, Steam stops unexpectedly without any warning. Any staff know what's going on?

Unfortunatly, this doesn't appear to be new, as you can see from this thread..

One of you should open a support ticket, mentionning this thread. This will ensure that the staff knows of your problems and bring the necessary corrections.

Yes, it appears that Steam is broken. We are aware of the issue and looking into it. It may be that there is already a fix available in winehq, in which case we will evaluate whether we can pull that into CrossOver quickly.

Steam is certainly a high priority for us - it has our attention.

I'm sorry for the downtime, everyone.

Same problem here. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this problem... well, I'm not glad that others have this problem or that this problem exists... ANYWAY, this downtime sucks, but I love Crossover. Keep up the great work. (Hope it works soon! =] )

This is not a Mac specific issue. it's on linux too. However, there appears to be a fix:

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=35030

i just bought a terraria server with a pale and i haven't been able to play. I've tried redownloading but doesn't seam to work. at least I'm not the only one.

What does the fix mean? Because Steam is still doing the same thing, i.e. silently terminates at login.

The fix is coming, not here yet. WineHQ has come up with a patch that's under testing and when it's certified to work, Codeweavers will issue an update to Crossover to incorporate it and make Steam work once again.

Great! Thanks a bunch.

We have released a new version of CrossOver which fixes Steam! You can download the new version - CrossOver 13.0.1 - from our home page now. You can also use CrossOver's self-update feature to install 13.0.1: just select 'Check for Updates' from CrossOver's menu, and you should be set. If you have automatic updates enabled, CrossOver will prompt you about the update shortly.

Cheers!

Works perfectly. Thank you, indeed.

Hmm i uninstalled, wiped my directory as well, and reinstalled with the 13.0.1 version but im getting the same behaviour - any hints anyone? Thanks!

Ok i checked the box "use legacy X Window System" and i've been able to get to the logon screen :) we'll see :)

Tx all!

1 to 15 of 15

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoid0FFTDdLZU40a1hZZ0h4bSIsImdkcHIiOjB9