Star Trek: Elite Force II Forum

This is a community forum and not official technical support. — If you need official support: Contact Us

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installer doesn't see second CD, but there's a workaround. No sound, mouse doesn't work.

The installer doesn't see the second CD, but the workaround is like so. Install the 1st cd, then exit without rolling back, then mount the second cd and copy the contents of base to your hard drive. Now open a terminal and make a symbolic link from base in your harddrive to ~. This happens because the program doesn't know to search the right dir for the file, so it defaults to Y:/ for some reason, which happens to be your home dir.

When you get it to launch, notice that there's no sound. then notice that while you can move the mouse, you can't click on anything. Try to calm down, breathe deeply.

By the way, this is on a mackbook, running 10.4.9

I was hoping we had much of the 2nd CD based install issues sorted out by now. I'll need to find a copy of this game on ebay to test this out.

Strange that this game has mouse issues. I assumed that since it was a Quake III engine based game that it would function as well as the other games on that engine.

Hi all,

I downloaded XO Games Mac for the Lame Duck giveaway, and this was one of the first games I tried.

I, too, ran into the problem with the second CD during installation, but was able to successfully work around it.

I have two CD/DVD drives, and put the two install disks into both drives. When the installer asked for the second disk, I opened up the "dosdevices" folder for the bottle, renamed "d/" and "d//" (the aliases to the first install disk) to "f/" and "f//" (you could use any available drive letter here), then renamed "e/" and "e//" (the aliases to the second install disk) to "d/" and "d//". Then I hit "OK" in the installer alert, and the install proceeded as normal. After the install completed, I renamed the aliases back to their original names.

I have not seen any issues with the sound nor with the mouse clicks. I am running on a 2 x 3GHz Dual Core Xeon Mac Pro. Works great! I will try to post screenshots soon.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSG1IekJkZUtMVzlhWTNTeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9