CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Minecraft Bedrock Servers and Terminal

Part of this is what I have done and part is needing help for better solutions.

My M1 Mac mini is more of a secondary role now. We had a Linux machine we built and used for official bedrock server builds, which is now my son's Windows computer. We have very few people on it, mainly for us two. I have a Win11 bottle, running three bedrock servers. The utilization of the computer is still very low. I have each server with its own directory, not in iCloud. I was able to save the worlds from the Linux computer. and just update the EXE and a few directories. I started with an empty bottle, added the folders where I wanted them, renamed the EXE and then created launchers for each server. Renaming the EXE, allows me to see what server is running and separate out the launchers... to a degree. It works with low latency in the lan, but no longer from the internet, even though I have the IP the same. Likely the router or Comcast changed something on me.

Now the problems. Bedrock servers are text based, so the launcher opens up a conhost window, which is fine except instead of allowing me to type at the bottom to see what I'm doing and the responses, it does it in the middle. I also don't see any responses back from the server on the screen. I am using the same server properties as was on the Linux computer. I also have five conhost windows, plus the crossover window. I tried running the servers from the Crossover Open Shell command, in the hopes it might be better, however crossover couldn't find the app. Is it better to run the servers all from one Bottle or separate bottles?

I tried installing Linux in a virtual machine, but I ran in to the problem the Minecraft servers are Intel and the Mac is arm.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV2RGblBUQ0N0U2F1UHpYMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9