CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Core Keeper won't launch with Steam cloud sync enabled, and won't save once you get it to launch.

To get it to launch, you have to disable steam cloud sync for some reason.

But now it doesn't save any progress.

It seems to have something to do with that it can't write files. Does anyone know what's going on or the fix?

Consider an alternative if you're using Steam for games. Many Steam games are available on GOG, and the GOG app is not required to install or play them. You can procure the GOG game and its installers and avoid the proprietary issues caused by Steam.

This is not exactly an answer to your query, but this is how I avoid Steam's problems.

Are the game files interchangeable? I would hate to buy it again (especially because this guy says saving works for him, and I've done the same things and the game generally works for me as well) and find out that my progress from the steam game won't carry over to the gog game, since progress/saving is the entire issue at hand.

I'm sorry, but you're lost on this issue. Then again, if you buy a GOG game, there's no registration or license; you own it outright forever. Plus, if you check the GOG site for your purchases periodically, they will let you know there's been an update, and the update is always free!

This is all I have to say about this. You might want to buy a game from GOG and see what you think. I have over 300 GOG games and got rid of Steam months ago.

I undestand you're shilling gog, but it may be unrelated to the issue. Can you address my question? I'm not opposed to getting a game from gog IF I CAN COPY MY GAME FILES OVER TO STEAM.

I use steam heavily and so do my friends and family, and several of us including me have steam decks. Generally speaking I LOVE steam and have no issues with it.

However, I do sometimes get games from other sources like itch.io.

Copying files around is not an ideal workflow, but it may be worth it (whereas right now I cannot play at all via crossover).

Also, you haven't said yet whether core keeper from gog even works with crossover. Have you confirmed this?

Shilling? Are you serious? I have zero interest in any company, and I am sure that I am not advertising for them. I offered insight from my years of experience dealing with GOG and their games. What you do or don't do is up to you. You don't need irritation when you are as old (75) as I am, so I'll not offer you any more help.😠

I've never had to deal with Core Keeper. Try the GOG Galaxy app in CrossOver, it should work fine. If you find that it works, you'll also find that your apps will synch. The app downloads for free and you can get games from within it and have it install those games and any extras for you.If you decide to not keep GOG Galaxy you can delete it and not lose your games.

Now, I'm done. I've answered you the best I'm able.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVXhiaFdVTXlGSE00eEE1ZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9