CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Diablo IV problems with 24.0.5 + Preview as well

Hello folks,

I think D4 finally broke down :( I was trying to play in standard crossover 24.0.5 and it loads the game but as soon as you get into where you would adventure/control your character the game stops. I have to force quit out of it. So I gathered up the preview version and updated my OS to 15.0 Mac. No such luck on getting it to run anymore.

Is anyone else having problems?

MBP M3 Max
36GB RAM

Crossover version as stated above 24.0.5 and also tried to load it in Crossover Preview: Version 20240913 (25.0.0.38203)

Does anyone have any ideas my typical settings are D3D and ESync and have yet to have a problem like this except the last time the game had that major update where it was down for everyone for about a month while they worked on it.

Any help would be much appreciated! :)

Running Crossover Version 24.0.5 (24.0.5.37094). Diablo IV and Diablo II Resurrection in separate bottles. Just tried Diablo IV (after updating to macOS Sequoia 15.0 and (thankfully) Crossover and Diablo IV still work fine. (Have not tried Diablo II Res yet.) No issues or slow downs.
Diablo does seem to need an update after each time I run it under Crossover, but that has been going on for a few weeks. Strange but it runs.

Hi Steven!

Thanks for responding! It was weird I did submit a ticket and Jon said they couldn't replicate it either. Then last night around 3:00 am I decided after my 3rd install to just let it sit on the blank screen after character selection. I played my steam deck and eventually boom corrected! Now it's working fine, took about 3 or 4 min to get going, and now no more problems!

I also have had the "update" thing. It doesn't bother me I just hit update it takes like 10 sec then play away!

Thanks again for responding,

James

I installed Sequioa on my M1Max Mac Studio.

All was working well until today, and have crashed computer hard - restarted - 5 times so far running D4.

Deleted BNet and D4 bottles, and hasn't improved things.

-D

I have an M3 iMac that was updated to Sequoia yesterday. I immediately LOL tried Diablo 4 and it ran fine - seems almost as fast as before the Sequoia update. Today decided to try my other bottle with Diablo II Resurrection and that ran fine also.
(Now if Parallels would solve their Direct X 12 issues I can decide which way to run Windows programs I want to stick with. Unfortunately I need both because I was never able to get Crossover to run Lotus Approach (society bookkeeping need) and Microsoft Links 2003 golf (personal need LOL). Would rather have the few programs that I "need" Windows for to run under one setup or the other. Ah well.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY0pBNlk1eU5hRVN3SFJIeSIsImdkcHIiOjB9