CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken Update 27.1.58.14 is failing in CrossOver 24.0.4

Quicken is failing to update to the latest patch version 27.1.58.14. I have run the update from within quicken and it seems to run showing in a popup but when you check the version is still shows the last version 27.1.58.8. Quicken still runs fine but doesn't seem to update. If you check for updates using the menu option or from running the update file manually from CrossOver "Run Command" the program crashes with the messages via a quicken popup "An error occurred - Unable to check for updates, the server file failed to load." and then shows another popup with a longer message about a System.NulllReferenceException:..."

I've found that usually a Quicken update will fail the first time it comes out. However usually a few days later I will start Quicken and the update will magically appear and get installed. Have no idea why. Give it a few days and see what happens.

I find that it always fails if I try to update manually, but auto-updates seem to work just fine. Just now, I started Quicken, it automatically checked for updates at startup, downloaded & installed 27.1.58.14, no errors.

Yeah, that's pretty much my experience. It will tell me there's an update and give me a button to install it. I click it and it ends up failing. If I just wait a few days it will install it when Quicken starts without my having to do anything.

Yeah, that is what had been happening on previous patches. Unfortunately, this time the automatic update which runs when I start quicken, D/Ls the path, extracts the files, says it is installing them, then says removing temporary files. At the removing temporary files stage it hangs with the message box still open.

LOL - 5 minutes later, I tried it again and it worked. Must be the 10th time is a charm!

And now with the new Quicken patch QW27.1.59.6 it is happening again the same way. Uggg.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoicEthTkFRRWtFd25TYkVTZyIsImdkcHIiOjB9