CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Age of mythology RETOLD

Anyone know how to play age of mythology retold on crossover (via steam)?? I download it on crossover but when I try to open it, it instantly pops up a "crucial wine error" something like that

Hello there! I would say given that the game is basically brand new it may take a bit for the devs to get it working if it's even on their massive to do list. I want to play that one too so if you find a way to get it working before I pony up and buy it I would appreciate it. Try opening the steam bottle with different options ticked some add support for other types of games some don't. The thing about crossover from my experience is it takes some configuring to get some games to work. Then again the newest game I play is probably D4...

Maybe vote for the game to be a focus or contact support they are super cool about getting back and offering any advice they can. I've yet to have a bad experience and I just worked out a major issue with BNet with them.

I know it's not an answer but I hope some of the ideas help.

It works with the latest preview version of crossover. I just tested the singleplayer for now.

Machine: Macbook M3 Pro

How can I download the "crossover preview" version? I can only find the free-trial "traditional" version. I really want to play this game.

I can confirm that AOM Retold works perfectly in single player using CrossOver Preview.

Must use D3DMetal settings, and high resolution mode. I found that I had to make the game windowed mode using the in game settings, then fullscreen the window, otherwise the window is a little bugged.

Multiplayer does not appear to be working however, every lobby I joined DeSynced once the game launched. I also can't use the steam overlay at all.

To download crossover preview you need to go to this link:

https://www.codeweavers.com/preview

same here. It works for me with newest crossover preview. but really sad that multiplayer won't run ...

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSlVKTnV0eDZNY1NHOTJRdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9