CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Family Tree Maker 2019 Ancestry Login Box

I am running the latest version of CrossOver for Linux/Ubuntu 22.04. I use if for Quicken which works well. I just install Family Tree Maker 2016 (FTM). I installed it into the same windows 10 bottle that I use for Quicken. It installed well. When I run the program it runs. Once running you need to login through the application to Ancestry. When you click the Ancestry login it is supposed to open a dialog box with the Ancestry login and password. The dialog box opens but it is blank so there is no way to login. Can someone help with this?

So far, I have not found any resolution to this. And, Crossover says they are not sure when or if they will fix it. Bummer. Was really hoping to move to all Linux/Ubuntu. I am currently running a Virtualbox VM just for this program.

Hi David,

What config(Type of bottle or other special settings?) are you using to get FTM running? If you're getting it to come up to where you have the full app displayed, you're further along than I am.

Would you mind sharing?

I have seem similar bugs with some game launchers like Steam, EA and others. If I am not mistaken, they installed some libraries, maybe fonts and other MS stuff. I suppose it may be worth trying to install some of these launchers and install Family Tree Maker in the same bottle and see what happens. Just a suggestion...

Wish I knew what libraries etc to try.

Hi David not sure this will help but I had FTM 2012 in a Win 10 bottle with MSLS 31, MSXML 4.0 & MSFLEDIT installed in the bottle. High resolution & DXVK enabled in bottle settings. You can look up 2016 Windows requirements on Ancestry.com or Google it then check your bottle details to make sure they're installed

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWXhncTZ3ZzdiWEhiR3FCMiIsImdkcHIiOjB9