CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Deadlock macOS

Hi,

Just got into the Deadlock beta and thought I'd try it out on my Mac. 14" M3 Pro with 36GB. It stutters like crazy when first loading in, then frequently locks up / has serious frame drops after the initial stuttering is over with. Then near the end of the map it has massive lockups and occasionally crashes entirely.

Same bottle config as CS2 (am launching them both through Steam anyway), which runs pretty damn well (again, after like 30 seconds of stuttering on first map load).

Any suggestions would be well appreciated.

When I get what you are describing in some of my games I find it best to turn on D3DMEtal and ESync for the bottle. I have the same system MB Pro Max 36 GB and I was having minor stuttering at the first load of D4 2 versions ago I turned them on and haven’t looked back. Not sure if you’ve tried this or if it will help but hey I tried LOL! :)

Oh yeah that seems to mostly work - FPS is hanging around 70 with occasional drops to 60, which is perfectly fine.
Thank you!!!

No problem glad I was able to help! :)

Oh. I was wrong. It is fine until the end when everyone starts throwing out all their particle effect stuff and then it locks up again. sigh

2 things:

1. You don’t have High-Resolution Mode checked do you if so TURN IT OFF :) I’ve yet to see it do anything valuable on any game I play.

2. Try D3DMetal with ESync next.

3. If that doesn’t work try DXVK with E then M

Gotta play with the settings till you find one that is just right ;) I have to do that a lot. But hey eventually I can get a lot of my games going great in the same way you are playing or they just don’t work which is where I DO NOT LIKE promoting other people's software but there are other software packages and always a Steam deck! :)

Maybe some of this is helpful? Not sure but I hope it is!!!! :) :) :)

I do appreciate the suggestions, thanks. :)

Hope next crossover update will increase performance with cs2 and deadlock :)...

Here’s to hoping! :)

Would also love to see some improvements to Deadlock performance!

Does anyone have any recommendations for M1 macs for Deadlock? I'm having the same issue with late game freezes in team fights. I got a 30 minute timeout because I had to kill my bottle and respin midgame.

Side note, I noticed that wineserver is running as intel? Does anyone know if there are plans to port the wine project to ARM?

Wine is running intel because deadlock is running intel. It makes the most sense to leave ARM->x86 up to the OSX conversion tools as those have more funding and support to be perfected.

You won't see Naitive-ARM(Wine)->Deadlock until you see a Windows-ARM deadlock. And while you are likely to see that in the coming years, you'll probably just get a native deadlock at around the same time.

I worked at multiple companies that had to switch to ARM for cloud cost reasons, and let me tell you the biggest hurdle by far is the development pipeline. Once you can develop for multiple architectures, it is not that hard to add mobile/osx/linux/etc...

1 to 12 of 12

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNk5VQmZRdWdlMzZXczZMNiIsImdkcHIiOjB9