CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

MS Excel Add-ins and Macros in CXOffice 23

So after I searched through the forums here and read as much of possible treads outside, I regret to find put that issues with key windows software are still persisting after 10-12 years of development.

MS Excel is a kind of application that should be the main focus of development for compatibility with CrossOver Office, since its features are not replicated by anything - not Libre Calc, not Google Sheets, not anything.

Installing add-ins in Excel (one of the key unique features) is still in shambles. I tried to help out with the following bash script:

!/bin/bash

Set CrossOver environment variables

export CX_ROOT="/home/junior/.cxoffice/"
export CX_BOTTLE="Microsoft_Office"
export WINEPREFIX="$CX_ROOT/$CX_BOTTLE"
export WINELOADER="/opt/cxoffice/bin/wine"
export WINESERVER="/opt/cxoffice/wineserver"

export path of solver

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$WINEPREFIX/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/root/Office16/Library/SOLVER"

Launch MS Excel with Solver

/opt/cxoffice/bin/wineloader /opt/cxoffice/lib/wine/i386-windows/winewrapper.exe --run -- /home/junior/.cxoffice/Microsoft_Office_2016/drive_c/Program Files/Microsoft Office/root/Office16/EXCEL.EXE

The script worked somewhat as I finally was able install it, BUT it is unusable, as the macros are disabled, and it uses multiple macros to run.

Note that I bought CrossOver Office EXACTLY TO NOT DEAL WITH THIS TYPE OF BS, and needing to script my way to using common windows functionalities.

Also it seems like you need to fine tune a LLM, for the help, since here is what I get in ChatGPT almost nothing.

I too am having problems with some add-ins and running VBA macros both for Office 2013 and 2016. However, everything is working fine with Office 2010.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMlVySmZkQzNzVVN3UXNKRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9