CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Stuttering audio at high processor load; fixed by swapping audio output back and forth

I'm experiencing headache-inducing audio stutter when trying to run applications at high CPU utilization. Whenever my application's frame rate drops, my audio goes with it, but doesn't ever recover from the drop in quality. This seems to only occur with AirPods Pro used as the output.

Hello!

I also have airpod pros for my Mac. Here is something I experienced in Diablo 4 which is from what I witnessed in a high load cpu game.

If they are NOT on when you start the game they won’t even appear in the audio options.

If they are on they may not have sound but you can select them. I notice the game runs a bit odd like this but NOT unplayable.

What I do in this game is go into audio options, Select a different sound source, save, then go back to airpods immediately and save and bam everything is fixed.

Do you try this in your application? Audio devices from my experience only appear before starting the game or application through your bottle.

I don’t know if this helps but I thought I’d give ya my experience :)

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoielVLVHU0dG5UWlk0dng1MyIsImdkcHIiOjB9