CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

**Issue with Launching Game: No Suitable 3D Graphics Adapter** - Jurassic World Evolution 2

Hi everyone,

I'm encountering an error when trying to launch my game, and I could really use some help. The error message reads:

"No suitable 3D graphics adapter is available. Please check that you have a DirectX12 compatible graphics card with suitable drivers installed. D3D12_TILED_RESOURCES_TIER:NOT_SUPPORTED_TIER_1"

I've attached a photo of the error message for reference:

I tried DXVK and D3D as well.

Has anyone else faced this issue? Are there any known workarounds or solutions? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I can't see your screenshot, but if the error message is complaining about not having DirectX 12 available then you are going to have to enable D3DMetal in your bottle's Advanced Settings for the game to have any chance of running. Only Macs with Apple CPUs can use D3DMetal, Macs with Intel CPUs cannot.

Even with D3DMetal, the game may not run. The compatibility database has an entry for Jurassic World Evolution (where it has 5 stars which means it installs and runs well) but no entry for Jurassic World Evolution 2. You might want to submit a ticket and request technical support, or to ask that Codeweavers work on whatever specific changes to Crossover are needed to allow Jurassic World Evolution 2 to work.

https://www.codeweavers.com/contact-us

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoic1BiQVBHR2RkdmtnQVFRaCIsImdkcHIiOjB9