CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Purpose of Bottle Archives?

Just out of curiosity? I have been using Crossover for a while and have a question about "archives" (which I do use - primarily as a secondary backup system as I do use Carbon Copy Cloner to backup the entire external hd that my bottles are on). Do users use them as a backup system or only when they wish to either delete a bottle or when they wish to make changes in a bottle's settings?

No ideas or suggestions? Just curious the way people use bottle "archiving" in Crossover. Thanks

I assume it is to make backups of bottles or to import bottles to a different user account or different Mac.

I back up everything in multiple ways so if I ever need to restore a bottle I just go to one of my normal backups. If I install to a different Mac I do a fresh install; more time-consuming than importing a bottle archive but I don't do this often.

So I don't use bottle archives. I imagine most Crossover users don't use bottle archives. If you need them, or get some value out of them for distributing bottles, then you use them. If you have to ask, then you probably don't need to use them!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVXBCTGFMOVd1NWVuUGFZOSIsImdkcHIiOjB9