CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout London (Fallout 4 GOG) crashes on launch

Running Crossover 24.0.4 and the GOG version of Fallout 4 (prev gen). The Fallout London mod installs but crashes on launch. Fallout 4 launches and runs great on its own, but not the mod/London app (it's a separate .exe file).

Bottle is Win 10 64-bit (default Steam bottle I believe).

16" MBP
macOS Sonoma 14.5
M3 Max 128 GB/40 GPU

Anyone else get Fallout London to launch? Thanks.

Got it running here by (kind of) following the instructions on their Discord. If you've run the GOG Fallout London installer, you should now have a "Fallout London" folder sitting right beside the "Fallout 4 GOTY" folder in Fallout 4 Bottle\drive_c\GOG Games.
I would recommend creating a copy of the bottle, because I don't think the original game will run after completing the following steps:

STEP 1:
Move the contents of the _AppData folder (found in "Fallout London" folder) into
Fallout 4 Bottle\drive_c\Users\crossover\AppData\Local\Fallout4

STEP 2:
Move the contents the _Config folder (found in the "Fallout London" folder) into
Fallout 4 Bottle\drive_c\Users\crossover\Documents\My Games\Fallout4
I didn't want to mess up my existing Fallout 4 installation, so I replaced the "Documents" symlink in
Fallout 4 Bottle\drive_c\Users\crossover
with a real folder (including the subfolders) before moving the files.

STEP 3:
Move all of the contents of the Data folder (found in the "Fallout London" folder) to the Fallout 4 Data folder in
Fallout 4 Bottle\drive_c\GOG Games\Fallout 4 GOTY

STEP 4:
Move the f4se_. files from the "Fallout London" folder to
Fallout 4 Bottle\drive_c\GOG Games\Fallout 4 GOTY

STEP 5:
Create a new program starter symbol in the Crossover Manager by selecting the "Fallout 4" bottle and running "execute command" with "Save command as program starter" checked and the command Fallout 4 Bottle\drive_c\GOG Games\Fallout 4 GOTY\f4se_loader.exe.

By doing this I got the program started and after creating my character i'm now at the beginning of the introduction quest. Maybe some of the problems described by others may still occur.

iMac Retina 5K, 27", 2020
macOS Sonoma 14.5

Please update regularly!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRU40YlByd3pIU1JnbVB6SCIsImdkcHIiOjB9