CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver future optimisation and native Apple Silicon version?

Is there anywhere an update road map for Crossover? Any chance we will see a little performance boost one CrossOver is native for Apple Silicon? The main app is still Intel.

This older thread offer some informations and a link to the official blog post (dated 2021):

https://www.codeweavers.com/support/forums/general/?t=27;mhl=271734

Hello,

Not sure about your performance however I run a Macbook Pro Max 36 GB Ram and can run bigger games like Diablo 4 with everything set to high. No lag or any other issues. So I'm just going to assume it has full Silicon support but please don't quote me on that. Just from the games I play, I've not seen any performance issues on every chip from the M1 - M3 that I've owned or used. Also running on a 106hz 27-inch UHD monitor. While HDR is not enabled or even an option in D4 I've seen it in some other games for some reason.

Hope this little tidbit helps.

Have a good one!

James Robertson wrote:

Hello,

Not sure about your performance however I run a Macbook Pro Max 36 GB Ram and can run bigger games like Diablo 4 with everything set to high. No lag or any other issues. So I'm just going to assume it has full Silicon support but please don't quote me on that. Just from the games I play, I've not seen any performance issues on every chip from the M1 - M3 that I've owned or used. Also running on a 106hz 27-inch UHD monitor. While HDR is not enabled or even an option in D4 I've seen it in some other games for some reason.

Hope this little tidbit helps.

Have a good one!

What kind of FPS do you get and what resolution? I've got a 64 M1 Max Mac Studio and I generally get btw 40-60 fps @ 1440p. There are times that I seem to be capped at 40fps for some reason, can't figure out why

Mac Studio M1 Ultra 128Gb RAM 2TB SSD and same problem, not just with crossover the doc have some limitations on large block memory executions because how it was projected is what I heard, read and learned of the worst whey, a lot of applications never can reach the doc potential because this supposed decision of project, but a powerfull share thread multitask doc, when apps didn't crash, was worst in the past, better on latest updates but have a strange struggle point, it's a fact, a M3 Max can do a lot better with 48gb on multithread apps and 3d ends, it's what I'm learning along the time, but a good computer, just something always hold it to fly like it would in theory can.

A fast research on Google can list you a lot of complains what is the problem, but for me nothing concrete or super logical.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNldZQ21kc2NlQ0ZQdllZdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9