CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Scene Investigators demo not displaying "any object with an animator"

Hi folks,

I was attempting to test the Scene Investigators demo, to see if the full game would be something I'd be able to play (I'm a sucker for investigation and deduction games, and this game reminded me of the Crime and Puzzlement books I enjoyed so much when I was younger).

At first, I applied the D3DMetal setting to my Steam bottle, but the game would stop responding after the Unity splash screen. I switched to the DXVK setting and was able to get it running and playable. However, there seemed to be a number of invisible objects in the environment, whereby there would be objects inside others, but the containing object would not be displayed. For example, see the picture below for what I learned later was supposed to be a wallet:

When I asked the developer, they said that it appears "any object with an animator is not showing up on screen." Does anybody have any ideas as to whether this is a known or solvable problem? I am running Sonoma 14.5 on a Mac M1 Pro. Thanks for any help getting this game compatible!

Hi Joseph,

Try having neither DXVK nor D3DMetal enabled.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi Joseph,

Try having neither DXVK nor D3DMetal enabled.

Best,
Meredith

Thank you so much for your reply. Apologies, but I forgot to mention that I tried that step but had the same issue of the game freezing as when I had D3DMetal enabled.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU0JNR2JYOTZTVEtiQTRCWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9