CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Need help to find and delete unwanted fonts in MSWord in Crossover? (SOLVED)

Hello,
I'm using MSWord 2000 via Crossover in my Linux Mint 20.2 desktop computer and am very pleased with it's performance, BUT for some reason my MSWord has accumulated hundreds of wierd no-name fonts, and also hundreds of unwanted Noto Sans, and Noto Serif, fonts that I'd like to get rid of. These fonts show up in the MSWord drop down fonts list window as just rectangular symbols which makes it impossible to identify them. There are literally hundreds in the drop down list and all look similar to those shown in the attached screen image. How do I find their storage location so that I can (hopefully) manually delete them, please?

Edit:
Never mind folks, I found the cause of the problem and fixed it. The unwanted fonts turned out to be located in the LibreOffice directory at /opt/libreoffice7.1/share/fonts/truetype. Must have been installed with a language pack during a system update via Update Manager. I deleted the Noto folder in that directory and that deleted those fonts from LibreOffice, but also solved my problem with MSWord as well.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiTFZ1WHJ5R3JaNjllblhXeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9