CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Debian 12: Trouble Registering / Native Windows Icons Won't Show

Hi,

I just moved from Windows 11 to Debian 12 and I'm still learning, so I hope you can bear with me, if my questions are beginner questions and I'm not using the correct Linux terms. I'm using CrossOver 24.0.4.

Unfortunately, I've trouble registering my lifetime license, as the "CrossOver Demo" nag screen keeps popping up. I did register by running "sudo -H /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister" and entering my account data. Clicking "Buy Now" opens the CrossOver website and shows the pop-up: "This copy of CrossOver was unlocked by: [Name redacted] It is fully enabled. Thank you for your support!" Choosing "Register" opens the registration confirmation right away. "Try Now" just closes the window. "Exit" just closes the nag screen without opening my windows program. Despite completing and confirming my registration as described above, the demo timer keeps counting down. (Running "sudo -H /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister" again, "sudo /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister" and "sudo /opt/cxoffice/bin/cxregister" always display the unlock confirmation.)

In addition, I noticed CrossOver keeps using a generic CrossOver Icon for all Windows programs installed (small and large cogwheels with the CrossOver logo in the larger one). How can I fix this? (https://support.codeweavers.com/missing-libraries/missinglibpng?from_search=152470468 and https://support.codeweavers.com/miscellanous/application-icons-are-not-being-created-after-windows-programs-are-installed-in-crossover-mac?from_search=152470468 won't work, and the second support article seems incomplete. I also can't find the debug section within the Run Command.)

I did "cd /opt/cxoffice/bin" and ran "sudo python3 cxfix" with the different options until sudo python3 cxfix --show-all showed "shm_open(/CAPI20_shared_memory.v01000010, ...) failed - Permission denied
shm_open(/CAPI20_shared_memory.v01000010, ...) failed - Permission denied
Distribution: Debian 12 64-bit (debian12)
Product: cx24
There is no issue to fix
"

"sudo python3 ./cxdiag64 displays "SyntaxError: Non-UTF-8 code starting with '\xc3' in file /opt/cxoffice/bin/./cxdiag64 on line 1, but no encoding declared; see https://peps.python.org/pep-0263/ for details
" and "sudo python3 ./cxdiag" "sudo python3 ./cxdiag
SyntaxError: Non-UTF-8 code starting with '\xb7' in file /opt/cxoffice/bin/./cxdiag on line 1, but no encoding declared; see https://peps.python.org/pep-0263/ for details
"

I also tried "Simulate Reboot", restarting Debian, deleting and reinstalling CrossOver and even reinstalling Debian.

Both, "libpng16-16:amd64" and "libpng16-16:i386" are installed.

Any help you can provide is appreciated. If possible, I'd like to avoid having to reinstall Debian or my Windows bottles.

Thanks.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiMzM3SHdmRVVCcHVzUlNkQSIsImdkcHIiOjB9