CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Workers & Resources Soviet Republic - xwma issue

So I tried to run the game via Crossover using DXVK (With D3Dmetal it throws some error-> https://pastebin.com/hSTtVnuk) and MSync options for the bottle. In the game launcher, only Play and Save 64-bit Win7 and Play and Save 64-bit Win8.1/Win10 options work. Play and Save 32-bit option just bugs out (so only 64bit version works). The game is running smoothly regarding performance (i just fired the game up to see how it works, could be crashing during the later game -> still need to verify that). The issue I am having is only that music doesnt work. All other sounds do work, but there is no music...Im running the official Steam version. I have only found this mention of the similar problem but that was 5 years ago which advises to use 64 bit version with 8.1

In the meantime I have found that the issue is probably because of the .xwma files which game uses for music only. I was reading that wine users also have .xwma issues especially in Fallout 4. In the Wine Configuration I added xaudio2_0 to 2_9 and x3daudio1_0 to 1_7 in the Libraries panel but that still didnt solve it.

What can I try? Thanks

Im on the latest version of the game.
Im on the CrossOver 24.0.3?
Im on M2 Pro 16gb

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieEtlTFRNTVZGSzZFbmg5ViIsImdkcHIiOjB9