CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

have it running on Linux (Ubuntu)

I am a total noob know nothing about linux,
I don't even know how to install a linux
is using crossover replace all of the steps below ? ( I copy from other user's )

I was able to get past the infamous 'Failed to get remote manifest' bug - I believe it is a hidden TLS negotiation failure.

Anyway, here's what you do:

I adaptedthis guide from reddit (which was an adaptation of this winehq guide) plus added some bits.

1. Install Winbind (I believe it's safe to remove this at the end, it supports the dotnet installers):

sudo apt-get install winbind

1. Make a fresh prefix:

export WINEPREFIX=~/.wine/pantheon

wineboot --init

1. Switch the prefix to Windows XP to get .NET Framework 4.0 installed (required for newer .NET Framework installation to work on wine):

winecfg

1. Download and install .NET Framework 4.0 (if the wget fails, you can use winetricks to install dotnet40 like in step 6 below)

wget 'http://download.microsoft.com/download/9/5/A/95A9616B-7A37-4AF6-BC36-D6EA96C8DAAE/dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe'

wine dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64.exe /q && wineserver -k

1. Change the prefix back to Windows 7 and set mscoree to native in the dll overrides for .NET Framework 4.8 installer to work:

winecfg

1. Download and install .NET Framework 4.8 (yes you need 4.0 and 4.8, in that order):

winetricks > Select the default wineprefix > Install a Windows DLL or component > dotnet48

1. You have to click through a bunch of menus and say OK. It will show some warnings about 64-bit compatibility. That's OK.

2. Add the game to Lutris:

• Copy/paste the Installer exe to ~/.wine/pantheon/drive_c
    • In Lutris, hit the "+" to add a new game
    • "Add locally installed game"
    • Select the Pantheon installer EXE
    • Fill out details:
      name: Pantheon
      runner: wine
      Game Options > Executable: select the Pantheon installer EXE you copied (after successful install, go back and change Executable to PantheonLauncher.exe)
      Wine Prefix: use the directory we set for WINEPREFIX above (eg ~/.wine/pantheon)
  3. Run the installer, it should 'just work'

4. After install, Go backto Lutris and right click the game and edit it, change the Game Options > Executable from the installer to ~/.wine/pantheon/drive_c/users/yourname/Documents/My Games/Pantheon/PantheonLauncher.exe

My wine version is lutris-7.2-2-x86_64

Hi,

To install .NET 4.8 on CrossOver, you just have to search for and install "Microsoft .NET Framework 4.8" within CrossOver.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQnVOQkNlOHd0ZWs0VWZHcCIsImdkcHIiOjB9