CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Running games in windowed mode

Hi Everyone

I'm currently trying out CO to run older PC games.
In particular, would it be possible to configure CO to run games in windowed mode?

Thank you for your help.

Bump and seconding this. I'm trying to run some legacy PC games that don't have a windowed flag and can't seem to get anywhere. The regular solution is to use a hook like D3DWindower or DxWnd. D3DWindower doesn't seem to work because it complains about Administrator privs which from what I understand from other posts means it's incompatible with Crossover. DxWnd seems to work as far as the application goes, but no matter what settings I choose or how many different ways I force it into windowed mode it still launches in full screen and overtakes the display.

Not sure if there's a solution here that I'm missing but it would help out a lot to be able to play old games via Crossover without having it hijack my whole monitor.

Go to the bottle, select the particular game and select run with options. In the command line options type -windowed and run

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoieVh4ZkNjSGZHbTIzV1BXRSIsImdkcHIiOjB9