CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover for Linux Mint

Keep trying to install crossover on a fresh linux mint install and keeps getting install package failed. Seems to give errors with from UserDict import DictMixin as MutableMapping
ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'UserDict'
dpkg: error processing package crossover (--install):
installed crossover package post-installation script subprocess returned error exit status 1
Processing triggers for doc-base (0.11.1) ...
Processing 1 changed doc-base file...
Errors were encountered while processing:
crossover

Hi Andrew,

It looks like you only have a license for CrossOver 20.0.4, which likely won't work on newer Mint versions.

Best,
Meredith

Hi

How can I see if the newer version will work with my system or not? So far what I have downloaded will not install and yes I downloaded it from the website

dpkg: error processing package crossover (--configure):
installed crossover package post-installation script subprocess returned error
exit status 1
Errors were encountered while processing:
crossover
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (1)

How do I fix this, Even trying to install i3wm I am getting this since I had attempted to install crossover. It seems to have messed up my system

Andrew, maybe you were missing some dependencies? I suggest you try what is described in the following site: https://phoenixnap.com/kb/ubuntu-fix-broken-packages

If I remember rightly, I kept getting a similar error when I first installed Crossover on my Linux Mint 20.2 desktop pc. Back then I installed version 22.1.1 and I'm pretty sure the installation proceeded after I closed and ignored the error message. The error couldn't have been too important because intallation completed ok and Crossover works perfectly for me. I've since upgraded to version 24.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiRzdIM0xXenBhQUZacEh0SCIsImdkcHIiOjB9