CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Diablo IV 1.4.2 issue on Mac, don't start!

I downloaded the new Diablo IV 1.4.2 update on my Mac Studio and my Macbook Air, and I can no longer run the game. When trying to open, the following error is returned:

Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Program: CHwindowssystem32,winevukan.d
File: //winefdls/winevulkan/loader_thunks.c
Line: 2867
Expression: !status 88. "vCreateImageView"
For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts (Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

[Abort] [Repeat] [Ignore]

same issue

Same here too. Was forced to update and now it won’t launch.

FYI I am running Crossover 24.0.3 on an M3 iMac (16GB RAM) and have no issue running Diablo IV version 1.4.2.54489.
I do still get update message for Battlenet in both my Diablo IV and Diablo Immortal bottles and it never does the update, but both Diablo IV and Diablo Immortal run fine - I just checked Diablo IV when I saw this post and no additional update (yet) from the version I mentioned above.
Sorry for your issues.

Exactly same MBP and versions but I cant launch Diablo IV, sadly.

Same here :(

Also don't try to reinstall diablo 4 or b.net altogether
diablo 4 installer is stuck after installing in an update -> play (doesn't activate anything) -> back to update state.
b.net on a new bottle is stuck on 45%.

same here

MBP M2 MAX, SONOMA 14.5, Crossover 24.0.3

Hi folks,

We are looking into the issue, but in the meantime, Diablo IV should work if you enable D3DMetal and Esync in the Advanced Settings in the right sidebar.

Best,
Meredith

Thanks for quickly reply, tried turn on D3DMetal and ESync but got the error still.
Macbook Pro 2023 with M3 Max chip and 36GB Ram, CrossOver version 24.0.3.37047, Diablo version 1.4.2.54489.
Error message:
assertion failed!
Program: C:windows,system32,winevulkan.d
File: //wineids/winevukan/loader_thunks.c
Line: 2887
Expression: Istatus 88. "VkCreatelmageWiew"
For information on how your program can cause an assertion
failure, see the Visual C++ documentation on asserts (Press Retry to debug the application - JIT must be enabled)

Tried this, could load the game menu, but the game becomes almost unplayable, super laggy an unstable.

I have them both turned on (based on an earlier post about how Diablo IV ran better) and the recent update for Diablo didn't affect it running. Though do get the message about a Battlenet update. Thanks.

I’m getting the same error, tried to reinstall a few times, created new bottles but still the same error. I see it’s being worked on so hopefully it’ll get fixed.

having the same issue, I'm running CrossOver 24.0.3 on a MacBook Pro 18GB Sonoma 14.5

I'm a user who plays Diablo with steam over crossover.
Diablo is not playing at all on Steam even with the two on as you said.
What the **** is the problem?
@My computer is an M3 pro and has the latest os.

isrhapahael wrote:

What the hell is the problem?

Is this how to talk to people in person too? Or just to people on the internet?

Meredith Johnson wrote:

isrhapahael wrote:

What the **** is the problem?

Is this how to talk to people in person too? Or just to people on the internet?

Since English is not my first language, I used a translator. My question was, "What is the problem?" It might be due to the translator, hhhh so ban me to cannot write anymore?

Is it possible to get banned from a forum even if I didn't intentionally use abusive language? ty so much~~~ Doctor

However, I am surprised to receive a response about linguistic issues rather than other solutions.
In the previous response, it was said to 'check and execute the two options next to the program', but that was not helpful at all.
When will the resolved update be released? Is there any other way besides checking the two things you mentioned?

The problem is still not resolved. Do users just have to wait?
Additionally, when running Steam through CrossOver, the internet speed drops to 0KB as if the internet is blocked. There is no problem when switching to other browsers like Safari or Chrome. What is this issue?
Paid users need a fast and accurate service. I am playing Diablo through CrossOver and using other programs as well. If it doesn't work, is there a problem? Do we just have to wait? I don't know how long we have to wait for updates each time. It is very frustrating to just wait and see when and how the issue will be resolved.

"It's petty to say that banning is the only solution. Can't you suggest another solution? Like when an update will be provided? Don't you think we need some hopeful message? Everyone is saying the same thing on Reddit and everywhere else. Where has the linguistic doctor gone?"

Same here

running crossover 24.0.3 on MAC M1 2020 8GB
All was running smoothly (on lowest settings, mind you) before the new patch update.
Since new patch update 1.4.2.54489 window pops up mentioning something about Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library. Assertion Failed!

Is this a blizzard/battlenet/crossover/personal Mac error? Is there a cure?

Thnx for your help/information

T.

Hey y'all,

I was also experiencing the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime / Assertion Failed error so I tried this as a work around and so far it seems to be working...

Basically, I just created a new bottle, searched C++ in the "Install Application into Bottle" search bar, installed all of the C++ Distributables from 2005 through 2022 THEN installed Battle.net. When it tells you that "Another version" is installed, hit "Skip this Step" and continue with the Bnet install - it's gonna install a couple other C++ distributables but afterward, you should be able to login to Bnet, install D4 and it should run. I feel like it was those 2005 C++ alternate versions that seem to be the problem with this update but who knows... I'm not a coder lol.

Anywho, D4's runnings great so back to Helltide <3

Jeffrey Fernandes wrote:

Hey y'all,

I was also experiencing the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime / Assertion Failed error so I tried this as a work around and so far it seems to be working...

Basically, I just created a new bottle, searched C++ in the "Install Application into Bottle" search bar, installed all of the C++ Distributables from 2005 through 2022 THEN installed Battle.net. When it tells you that "Another version" is installed, hit "Skip this Step" and continue with the Bnet install - it's gonna install a couple other C++ distributables but afterward, you should be able to login to Bnet, install D4 and it should run. I feel like it was those 2005 C++ alternate versions that seem to be the problem with this update but who knows... I'm not a coder lol.

Anywho, D4's runnings great so back to Helltide <3

Tried but not work for me...
May I ask win11 or win10 which one do you used?

I have also had no luck in successfully launching Diablo IV. Purchased it through Steam about a week ago and since then I have been unable to launch and play the game on my Mac. My first attempt produced an error claiming my OS was not supported. My second attempt, after reinstalling Steam through the CrossOver app, doesn't produce the error -- but it also doesn't launch the game. Steam indicates the game is running but does not launch it.

Any assistance here would be appreciated.

Mac Mini M2 / 16GB RAM
Sonoma 14.5
CrossOver 24.0.3
Diablo IV 1.4.2

Doesn't start. Doesn't work.. Apple M1 Max 32 ГБ

A week has just passed. I was told to wait, but there have been no updates or changes... When is it going to change? I don't have to wait two weeks or a month, right?

Still waiting for update, can not back to hell tide to save the world for a week so far...

Same issue. M2 MBP 32GB RAM. Just adding my name to the list.

wait~ wait~ just wait~

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi folks,

We are looking into the issue, but in the meantime, Diablo IV should work if you enable D3DMetal and Esync in the Advanced Settings in the right sidebar.

Best,
Meredith

This worked for me! Am back in the game, no issues. 2023 Apple M2 Max 32GB Sonoma 14.5

James wrote:

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi folks,

Best,
Meredith

This worked for me! Am back in the game, no issues. 2023 Apple M2 Max 32GB Sonoma 14.5

Can you list sofrwars installed in your bottle?
Here are what I installed in my bottle:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (9.0) Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
CrossOver HTML engine
Wine Momo
Battle.net Client
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005(8.0) Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008(9.0) Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2015(14.0) Redistributable
Microsoft Rich Edit 4.1(Msftedit.dll)
msls31
Microsoft Rich Edit 2.0
TrueTypes1...
TrueTypes2...
TrueTypes3...
Diablo IV

HouWei wrote:

James wrote:

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi folks,

Best,
Meredith

Can you list sofrwars installed in your bottle?
Here are what I installed in my bottle:

Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 (9.0) Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
CrossOver HTML engine
Wine Momo
Battle.net Client
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005(8.0) Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008(9.0) Redistributable
Microsoft Rich Edit 4.1(Msftedit.dll)
msls31
Microsoft Rich Edit 2.0
TrueTypes1...
TrueTypes2...
TrueTypes3...
Diablo IV

You are on Battle.net, but I’m on Steam. The setup is almost the same, but neither works. I even have a better computer than that person, yet it still doesn’t work, lol.

Still waiting for update to solve this issue...
I uninstalled all visual c++ libraries but still got the error, I searched on internet and find this:
https://github.com/ValveSoftware/Proton/issues/7714
It looks like this is an issue related to kernel...

Just double-checking: This means that, since D3DMetal is not available on Intel Macs, there is no way to make Diablo IV workon them right now/till a Crossover version with a fix for it is released?

Still no ETA about a regular fix being released on the general issue?

Thanks anyhow, especially for any information :)

Et Mitsurugi wrote:

Just double-checking: This means that, since D3DMetal is not available on Intel Macs, there is no way to make Diablo IV workon them right now/till a Crossover version with a fix for it is released?

Still no ETA about a regular fix being released on the general issue?

Thanks anyhow, especially for any information :)

yes just wait~

2 week passed, do we have any solution? Still can't play.

I would like to inform you that English is not my native language, and I am writing this text using a translation tool.

This solution requires both the Crossover app and the Whisky app.
This is a guide on how to install Diablo IV through Blizzard's Battle.net app.
Use the Whisky app to obtain the Diablo IV installation files through GPTK.

in Whisky App

1. Install the 'Battle.net' exe using the Whisky app.
  2. Delete the Battle.net app version 14907 installed in Program Files (x86) and overwrite it with version 14494.
    (follow this link : https://github.com/Whisky-App/Whisky/issues/666)
  3. Now, in the Battle.net login settings, please disable the GPU acceleration feature.
  4. Please lock the Battle.net folder inside Program Files (x86) using "Get Info" in Finder afterward.
    (Lock the Battle.net folder to prevent update notifications.)
  5. After logging in, install Diablo IV.

in Crossover App

1. Install the 'Battle.net' exe using the Crossover app.
  2. In Crossover, version 14907 uses the Battle.net app and
  3. Please lock the Battle.net folder inside Program Files (x86) using "Get Info" in Finder afterward.
    (Lock the Battle.net folder in the Crossover App bottle just like you did in the Whisky App bottle.)
  4. Copy the Diablo IV folder installed via the Whisky app to Program Files (x86) in Crossover.

If you continue to encounter errors, please use a VPN and set Google DNS (8.8.8.8) to resolve them.
In my case, I had the VPN turned on for all steps of the installation process, and I succeeded in the final step.
I'm not an expert, so I don't know the reason.

My device is M3 Max Sonoma 14.5.

I hope you manage to resolve it successfully.

When next season comes, will crossover be able to fix the current bugs?

I'm really disappointed about this issue, with a month passed and no update and no help.
Turn on Esync and the other option is totally unhelpful, all other advices provided in this thread is tried and nothing help.
I'd like to know how to refund this app because it's useless for me anyway.

Since the July 3rd update no problems here with MB Pro Max M3 settings D3DMetal / Esync the only odd thing is I HAVE To have my VPN on or BNet won't launch. Been playing just fine for me. Happy to have this working again.

Is there an update in July 3rd? You mean Battle.net, Diablo or CorssOver?
Thanks!

James Robertson wrote:

Since the July 3rd update no problems here with MB Pro Max M3 settings D3DMetal / Esync the only odd thing is I HAVE To have my VPN on or BNet won't launch. Been playing just fine for me. Happy to have this working again.

Is there an update in July 3rd? You mean Battle.net, Diablo or CorssOver?
In addition, did you reinstall Diablo or anything else?
Thanks!

Update to crossover which addressed Diablo and other things.. Since I didn’t have it (Diablo) installed yet was trying the demo when the update happened, I then installed bnet then d4. I was playing all night last night and night before. No lag / drops / or glitches.

James Robertson wrote:

Update to crossover which addressed Diablo and other things.. Since I didn’t have it (Diablo) installed yet was trying the demo when the update happened, I then installed bnet then d4. I was playing all night last night and night before. No lag / drops / or glitches.

Thanks a lot, I just downloaded CrossOver from the official website and the latest version is 24.0.4, while I was using the 24.0.3. Maybe there is a bug when I check update from CrossOver app it alway show "24.0.3" is the latest version.
I just tried and Diablo IV is finally running again!

Guys? any news on this? Would appreciate it :) thanks in advance

Yannick Michel wrote:

Guys? any news on this? Would appreciate it :) thanks in advance

I am running 24.0.4 and two bottles (one with current version of Diablo IV and one with Diablo Immortal) and neither has any issues starting or running the games. I was told to keep the two games (with their own install of Battlenet) in separate bottles.)

Yeah, but my actual problem is that I can't even even install battle.net anymore stuck at 45% and just doesn't advance... I actually tried everything there is to try, but no luck...

Yannick Michel wrote:

Yeah, but my actual problem is that I can't even even install battle.net anymore stuck at 45% and just doesn't advance... I actually tried everything there is to try, but no luck...

That is strange because I just re-installed Diablo Immortal in a new bottle on an external hard drive and had no issues installing Battlenet or Diablo Immortal. Sorry for your issue.

For what it's worth my settings from my prefious post have not changed. Just got back from a trip, booted up Bnet and it started to update I was worried but it's still running 100%. Settings / Specs / Software version below.

Settings: D3DMetal / ESync
System: Macbook Pro Max M3 36gb RAM
Crossover Version 24.0.4 (24.0.4.37063)

The issue I'm having is it always wants to "update" before every new gameplay. It does not do anything except "reclaim space".

1 to 45 of 45

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaHg4aGhzYVJISGtadXFTWiIsImdkcHIiOjB9