CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Quicken Classic Deluxe requesting activation code...

This just started happening on 5/27/2024. Whenever I open the app it requires me to login to my Quicken account and then provide a 16 digit activation code (subscription expires in April 2025 according to account info on the website) . I've been running for 10+ years at this point and don't have an activation code, so I contacted Quicken support assuming it was an account issue.

As expected, once they found out I was running in an emulator they were less than helpful. I did complete a screenshare with them to show them the issue, but as soon as they found out I was using a Windows 7 bottle they told me Windows 7 (minimum 8.1) is not supported and left the conversation.

I have tried upgrading to the latest version of Crossover and creating a new Win 7 bottle with no luck. I have tried creating a Win10 bottle with no luck (blacked out auth screen). I have tried changing the Windows version reporting in the newly built Win7 bottle to 2008R2, 8, 8.1, & 10 with no luck, either I get asked for an activation code or the authentication screen is not visible.

CrossOver 24.0.2
NAME="Linux Mint"
VERSION="21.3 (Virginia)"

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hi Ted,
I dual boot Windows 11 and Ubuntu 23.10 (and now 24.04). In Windows, I could not get my Tangerine account to online sync (RBC Canada syncs perfectly). Tangerine syncs perfectly in Mint.com (before they left Canada) and QuickBooks; works perfectly but is more expensive than Quicken. However, to experiment with different versions of Quicken, I installed Quicken in a CrossOver. In CrossOver, I went to "Install" then typed in "Quicken" in the search and selected "Quicken Classic". Presumably it has everything required for Quicken to work. The installer I provided is from logging into Quicken on their official website and downloading the latest installer for Windows. It works flawlessly except for Tangerine but, that issue is the same in Windows 11 without a bottle.

Sheldon Maschmeyer wrote:

Hi Ted,
I dual boot Windows 11 and Ubuntu 23.10 (and now 24.04). In Windows, I could not get my Tangerine account to online sync (RBC Canada syncs perfectly). Tangerine syncs perfectly in Mint.com (before they left Canada) and QuickBooks; works perfectly but is more expensive than Quicken. However, to experiment with different versions of Quicken, I installed Quicken in a CrossOver. In CrossOver, I went to "Install" then typed in "Quicken" in the search and selected "Quicken Classic". Presumably it has everything required for Quicken to work. The installer I provided is from logging into Quicken on their official website and downloading the latest installer for Windows. It works flawlessly except for Tangerine but, that issue is the same in Windows 11 without a bottle.

Thanks for the input Sheldon, but I tried the same thing. Upgraded to the latest version of CrossOver, downloaded the latest version of Quicken from the website and did the default app install. No luck. It worked perfectly on Saturday last week. Been running Quicken in CrossOver for 6+ years. Seems like things tend to pop-up every couple years, so I normally only update CrossOver when something breaks with Quicken.

For personal reasons I won't be dual-booting Windows. If anyone has recommendations for Linux native, non-cloud applications I'm open. Unfortunately Quicken has just always been better than anything else I've ever tried.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiY0hYdHdBbmR6Vmc2djZrTCIsImdkcHIiOjB9