CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Exiting Crossover doesn't kill Winedevice and Wineserver processes

So, I run Quicken Classic via Crossover on Ubuntu Linux 22.04. It works great except when exiting Quicken, Crossover doesn't kill Winedevice and Wineserver processes. Even though Quicken ends and Crossover exits, these processes stay running. Then, if I run Quicken again, it hangs and will not fully start. However, if I kill the winedevice and wineserver processes and then start Quicken everything works fine. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

I also see the winedevice and wineserver processes not exiting. I don't seem to have any problems restarting Quicken (crossover 24.0.1-1, Ubuntu 22.10) when those processes are hanging around, but lately I kill off those processes after quitting Quicken just in case.

I think the issue of these processes not exiting when quitting Quicken was discussed in the past, and codeweavers was going to look into it, but obviously it isn't fixed yet.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiUnlrWm16ZUpVVVFmOVJLUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9