CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Updating from 20.0.2 to 24.0.3

I want to update Crossover on my Mint 20.1 system. Crossover says an update is available, but gives "Error downloading update file" when I click the menu option.
Can I just download the relevant .deb file from the website and install it that way? Will my various bottles be available and not adversely impacted? Will I need to re-register?
Probably dumb questions but that's me.

I had the same thing happen, it appears that for Linux, there is 24.0.2, but not 24.0.3 available. There is a 24.0.3 for the apple versions

Same here with Mint 21.2. The issue is, like John said already, the latest version for Linux is still 24.02. To be correct, the current one is actually crossover_24.0.2-1.deb. There was an earlier version, crossover_24.0.1-1.
I don't know if you have the last but one [24.0.1-1] installed or the current 24.0.2-1. If you still have the former one installed, I would recommend, to login to your codeweavers account, and download the latest Linux version. Then install it from the folder you have defined as a download folder. Probably the default 'Downloads'.

As for your question, NO it does not mess your existing bottles up. :)

Hans

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWkd2cHdkY1Q1cU53bnZQciIsImdkcHIiOjB9