CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Fallout 4 next-gen patch

When I launch FO4, I get the Bethesda launcher and can adjust my settings. The game launches and I get the main menu where I can start a new game. Then a loading animation appears in the lower-right corner of the screen for a bit. When the VoiceOver starts about "War never changes" the screen goes black and never recovers.

Is anyone else seeing problems like this with FO4? Is there a workaround?

MacBook Pro M3 Max 36gb, c/o 24.0.1

Hi Michael,

You need to have either DXVK or D3DMetal enabled in your advanced settings for the game to work now.

Best,
Meredith

Thanks for the quick reply, I'll try that. Is one preferred over the other?

Other graphics note: with the vanilla game on Fallout 4 NG patch 1 (10.984.0) running on:
Intel i9 iMac w/ AMD Radeon Pro Vega 48 8GB

with DXVK enabled.

Setting Ambient Occlusion to HBAO+ (Ultra) causes textures to not render (if you can play the game with lighting only, then good for you). The SSAO (High) setting seems to work fine, as do all other settings that I've tested except for Godrays (which I leave disabled to boost performance).

I can play with everything except for those two settings set to maximum, of course adjusting resolution for whatever framerate you deem acceptable with your combination of mods. There is some minor audio stutter, but I've always had audio stutter issues with this game.

Now that I've got the vanilla game seeming reasonably happy, I'll start dumping mods in to see what breaks.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiazVGU2JtQVJ1Qnd3U010eSIsImdkcHIiOjB9