CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

won't launch

Hello

I have this weird "bug" where I'm playing a game (Dark Souls 3) and once I finish I just quit the game. Whenever I want to go back playing, I have to reboot my Mac in order for it to open, otherwise it won't. Tried to force quit all related apps (steam.exe, steamwebhelp.exe, darksouls3.exe) and it won't work. trying to force quit the program through normal means (close button) doesn't work either.

Have you tried to FORCE QUIT APPLICATION ?

"Press these three keys together: Option (or Alt), Command, Esc (Escape). Or choose Force Quit from the Apple menu  in the corner of your screen. "

Very similar to task manager on windows. Pick application would you desire to end process and press the return button.

You do not have to restart the computer every time.

Got the same issue!
M3 max 36gb/1tb ssd, MacOS 14.1.
Sometime steam just stuck, after using Force Quit and kill all reliable apps, and crossover, after re-run crossover it just won't open steam again, and have to reboot Mac, that's the only way.

Have you tried logging out of your Mac user account and then logging back in, instead of restarting?

I know that still isn't a solution, but if that does the job it's slightly better than having to restart the Mac and might provide an additional clue for Codeweavers as they investigate this issue. Which they'll do if you submit a help ticket:
https://www.codeweavers.com/contact-us

Can Confirm. I just tried logging out and back in and it did not solve the issue. Needed to restart machine for diablo 4 to run properly again.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWkpTMjZGZE5yQ0dKYlFVUyIsImdkcHIiOjB9