CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Want Nightingale support , any solutions to make it run ?

Hi !

I would like to play Nightingale (via steam) on my macbook (Silicon), I tried to install it manually, but when starting I have a problem with AMD drivers, or DirectX12

Do you have any solutions to make it run?

Hi. I'm having the exact same problem...
Would really love to get it to work!

I get a "Warning: Known issues with graphics driver" window, saying "
The installed version of the AMD graphics driver has known issues in D3D12.
Please install the latest driver version or switch to a different rendering API.

Would you like to visit the following URL to download the driver?

https://www.amd.com/en/support

AMD Compatibility Mode
Installed: 30.0.15.1233
Minimum required: 23.9.2"

The game starts launching (only the Unreal and Intel animations, though), and then a black screen with an "N" symbol in the bottom right-hand corner (as though Nightingale were properly launching).

Then another error window, saying "Your graphics drivers are out of date. The game will now exit.", and with only an option to click OK, and then the game exits.

Same issue, but with another game.

For those of us that have these amazing machines and play Nightingale, we all want a solution. I've posted a few requests with the devs. This is a two-fold issue; one with UE5, but easily handled, and one with the Nightingale dev team. If you really want support for this game, add your 'vote' to this request, and search their forums for others. They won't fix it unless enough people request a resolution.

https://playnightingale.ideas.aha.io/ideas/FEEDBACK-I-392

Samantha

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiYjd5RXhKTXFyTTNtNXFlYiIsImdkcHIiOjB9