CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Tekken 8 retail crashes at the main menu with Crossover 23.7

Using Crossover 23.7, I was able to launch Tekken 8 demo on Steam on my M1 MBP 14" base.
I bought Tekken 8 retail thinking it would work since Demo did, and it does show the cinematic but crashes at the main menu.

I did some searching both on youtube and reddit and it looks like it could be something related to DRM.
There was something similar with SteamDeck apparently, and they needed to use a hotfix to get it go work - I'm wondering if same thing applies here with Crossover.

我也遇到了相同的问题

Plz help to fix it, I really want to play Tekken 8.

Having the same issue.. Looking forward to a solution to this!

It works now after the latest Tekken update but disconnects during the online games. Hoping for a fix too!

B wrote:

It works now after the latest Tekken update but disconnects during the online games. Hoping for a fix too!

Confirmed - just updated and it does work for me, offline at least.

Same here. Crossover 24 trial, the game runs fine but disconnects a lot during online matches. The same used to happen on linux but a proton update fixed it. Hope the guys can fix this!

I hope the online play will be smooth. plz..

Found the solution. You can try changing your DNS address from your default address to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. Also you need to delete your launcher as well as a file named pak (polaris/content/binary/pak). You will also need to verify the game again on the Steam. It worked for me.

is it still working for you? ive always been using 1.1.1.1 so i only deleted the launcher and pak folder before getting the files validated again. didnt work for me but i assume it would be the same even if i had my dns set to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4.

anyone else tried this method yet?

really hoping that the fix from linux proton could be implemented here as well.

Dns change did not fix it for me but I have good news: On the Crossover Preview announcement that just came out, they stated that with the new wine 9.6 update Tekken 8 multiplayer has been fixed! Hopefully it gets released publicly soon

Not sure if the wine update came to crossover yet?

I’m still getting the black screen when attempting to connect online 😭

1 to 12 of 12

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQ1NrYzdNYmNTZHI1aGtVdiIsImdkcHIiOjB9