CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Bluebeam Revu 21

Hi all,

I'm trying to install Bluebeam Revu 21 on CrossOver.
I installed C++ 2015-2022 and .NET 4.8 and still get errors like "Invalid Handler"
Eventually, it will install Bluebeam and I can open the app. But that's it, it stuck when opening.
I tried basic troubleshot as suggested here https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/unsupported_deps with no luck.
Does anyone have experience with Bluebeam?

Thank you

I have the same issue, using macOS Sonoma.

Bluebeam Revu installs and opens, but not all the menu buttons show up. It is somewhat responsive as on the first run it displays the license agreement and clicking where the "OK box should be closes it and then it somehwat finishes loading. It also provides an error "The program CEFSharp.BrowserSubprocess.exe has encountered a serious problem and needs to close".

I believe the issue is with the .NET installation, as during installation it gave a warning that the installation may not work "because the windows module service is not running".

I have tried both 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows 7, 8, 10 and 11 (and both 32 and 64 bit versions of Bluebeam), all with the same general results.

If anyone has any ideas to try please respond. Bluebeam used to have a mac app which was abruptly discontinued. That left us all with no choice but to use a VM. While that was OK for a while the new Apple Silicon Mac's Virtual Box will not run a Windows Guest...so this again put the brakes on Bluebeam.

Anyone who is familiar with Bluebeam knows that it is a one of a kind app for PDF processing. So getting it working on macOS with Crossover would be a big deal (and probably get Crossover a lot more customers).

I'm following this with a LARGE tub of popcorn.

If BlueBeam could help with this there would be a large number of people in the AEC industry that would use BlueBeam on their macs.

We have a team who all use Macs and desperately need a viable PDF app. I have to go home and use my desktop PC to review drawing sets.

Has anyone tried VMWare - I know others that use the free VMware Fusion / player to play games on etc. Could be an option.

Also like most software applications now Revu is moving more and more to cloud e.g. https://support.bluebeam.com/articles/get-started-in-bluebeam-cloud/

So you only need a browser. It's not as feature rich as Revu desktop but the focus going forward I believe will be cloud first.

I decided to give CrossOver a try so that I could run BlueBeam because this is what my work uses. I was really looking forward to this program working because I love the iOS operating system. It is back to Windows for work related tasks; will try again on the next CrossOver update.

Has anyone tried the suggestion from this post? https://www.reddit.com/r/Revu/comments/1dbket8/solution_for_running_bluebeam_revu_20_on_a_mac/

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZU1KZFhiODlkUzJzeVpuNCIsImdkcHIiOjB9