CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Can't get Diablo Immortal to run on Crossover

I installed Crossover Immortal (in the same bottle that was created for Diablo II Resurrected) and while the installation went fine, the game will crash while trying to start. Any ideas? Is it the bottle that was created for D2 Resurrected has settings that prevent D-Immortal from running? Funny that Parallels 19/Windows 11ARM have no problems running Immortal but won't even start Resurrected.

I don't know if you are supposed to create a separate bottle for each Windows app but I assumed since both Diablo Immortal and Diablo II Resurrection both ran off Battlenet that I could use the same bottle. But when I created a separate bottle for Immortal (using the setup link after searching for Diablo games in Crossover) it installed and ran perfectly.
Is there any restriction or recommendation not to use a single bottle for multiple apps? Thanks

Hi Steven,

Our recommendation is one app per bottle. While there are many cases where multiple applications can coexist happily in the same bottle, as you found, that's not always the case. In this particular example, Diablo Immortal needs extra dependencies, which the Diablo Immortal CrossTie provides.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi Steven,

Our recommendation is one app per bottle. While there are many cases where multiple applications can coexist happily in the same bottle, as you found, that's not always the case. In this particular example, Diablo Immortal needs extra dependencies, which the Diablo Immortal CrossTie provides.

Best,
Meredith

I was wonder if we could just have an option to create a bottle with all possible dependencies? Or would that cause some possible conflicts?

Thanks Meredith. I wasn't sure but it did work for the two Diablo games I have installed (Diablo 2 Resurrected and Diablo 4).
I did have an "issue" and I don't know if it is macOS related or Crossover. Initially when trying to install Diablo 4 (the 90GB install with the high res setting on) I kept being told that there was not enough HD space even though at the time I had well over 120GB. I spoke to an Apple Tech and he said that the program's installer was not reading the "available space" but was only seeing the space AFTER it deleted the "purgeable" files, which it is not supposed to take into account. He had me do a full reinstall of macOS Sonoma and then reinstall my apps. But he was assuming it was the way either Battlenet or the combination of Battlenet/Crossover that was mis-reading the space on the internal HD. Any ideas?

I tryed everything but immortal not working. But last mouth someone add 4/5 its work fin.

''Crosstie install will stall but once Battle.net confirms installation it will complete if you kill Battle.net.exe.
Running well on M2 Max with
32GB RAM and d3metal but enable vsync in game or you'll see tearing. Haven't played much so hopefully things hold up in large mob groups''

He said like this but ı dont understand

Mert Eren wrote:

I tryed everything but immortal not working. But last mouth someone add 4/5 its work fin.

''Crosstie install will stall but once Battle.net confirms installation it will complete if you kill Battle.net.exe.
Running well on M2 Max with
32GB RAM and d3metal but enable vsync in game or you'll see tearing. Haven't played much so hopefully things hold up in large mob groups''

He said like this but ı dont understand

I just installed on the latest beta/RC build, essentially all I did was install via the crosstie and let the install finish downloading in Battle.Net. Then close Battle.Net. The overall install will then finish on Crossover with all the required dependencies.

And did it work?

Yup, runs pretty great on M1 Pro. There was a note about vsync, I didn’t notice tearing but if I do I’ll probably enable it.

Yes its working now. But performance not good. Maybe they can fix after. Just DXVK opened all other closed

I have just D3DMetal toggled and it looks fine to me. Maybe try a couple combinations

Did u have laging sometimes my fps dropıng 10

They never fix problem this game not work good.

1 to 13 of 13

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoidFdTTEx4WXVCcm5tVEM0YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9