CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Games
Archived Discussion about CrossOver Games, Forum closed.

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Help Installing a Patch to a game

Hello. So heres my problem. Short and sweet...

I have a copy of fallout 3 (the game) installed using Codeweaver's Crossover 12. And the game runs like a dream. But i'm not sure how to install an update patch to the game. I downloaded the patch from the Official website (seeing as there is no way to download it directly to the game, at least not to my knowledge...), so the actual patch file is sitting on my desk top screen, waiting to be installed (the icon even changed to the Crossover symbol, so i assume it can be installed somehow).

So how can I go about installing the patch? I already tried installing it directly into the same Bottle that the game is located in, and the patch will begin installing itself, but when it gets close to finishing, it crashes. And then every time I try loading up the game after that, it crashes as well. Every time I start it up I get a notification saying "Windows has encountered a serious problem with fallout 3 and has been forced to shut down etc etc..." and then I have to re install the entire game again when that happens, which is very frustrating considering the game runs fine up until I try to install the patch, but i need that patch to fix a lot of the initial glitches that the game has... anybody know what I'm missing?

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzE5MzQ0MDgzLCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiU01Cd3BxZFJCQlZ1M1ZkYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9