CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Installing 16 bit QuickTime for Windows version 2.1.2 ??

I'm attempting to run an old game using Crossover Mac 7.02 (despite the game's age - it was released circa 1994 - it still runs fine on my XP machine, so I thought I'd try my luck). The game installs in a win98 bottle fine, but won't run yet as it requires an ancient version QuickTime for Windows - namely, this one.

But, when I run the QuickTime installer, it just launches for a millisecond (blink, and you quite literally miss it) before disappearing/aborting the install procedure. Is there any way I can get the installer to run? Or, is there a workaround I can use to install this particular version of QuickTime another way so that I can play my game?

Hope that someone knows the answer. If you need any further info in order to help me, just shout. :)

Cheers,

Cx

Instead of allowing QuickTime to run its installer, try installing through CrossOver.

Load CrossOver.
Go to Configure and choose "Install Software".
Click on "Install Unsupported Software" (say continue to get past the error message)
Select "Other Existing Bottle" and continue
Select "Choose Installer File" and click "Install"
Navigate to the .exe file that will install QuickTime (setup.exe, installme.exe or what ever it may be called)
And continue (I have no idea what installer might come up, so I don't really know what to tell you from here)

This is the way that I have successfully installed unsupported software and software that unsupported software needs many times.

If this doesn't work, I am truly uncertain what your next route might be.

Should you get it to install, we would love it if you submit it to our Compatibility Center:
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/

And then post what works for you to get it to install.

Good Luck!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoickNCYUI5ZW44WVZ0NEN3YiIsImdkcHIiOjB9