CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

How do I install Office 07 SP1 and other patches?

I've installed office and it runs but I tried to install SP1 and nothing... I'm also wondering how I would install additional patches since auto update is not functioning...

I have the exact same question. I'm on the 30 day trial version and would need to know the answer to this question before I purchase the software.

Bump

Download the service pack onto your desktop.

Archive the bottle containing Office 2007.

Put the original Office 2007 disk in the drive (or mount the original iso)

Open CrossOver and "Install Windows Software"

For SP1 choose "Install Unsupported Software"

Choose "Other Installer File" and browse to the SP1 file that is on your desktop.

Select "Other Existing Bottle" and choose the bottle Office 2007 is in.

And, select "Next".

CrossOver will attempt to install the service pack. We do not yet officially support the service pack for Office 2007, but, we have had people report that it works. We would like to hear the results, good or bad.

If it fails, I suggest deleting the bottle (which may now be corrupted) and restoring the archived bottle.

Thank you.

Is there any way without a CD? I've only got the download version and a serial number, with no actual media. It installs perfectly, but I can't seem to upgrade to SP1.

Hello!

You can mount the iso and then attempt to install SP1. However, this an issue we are attempting to fix, but we are having a hard time tracking the need for SP1 to install (I know, sounds slightly strange...).

If you don't mind, please submit a support ticket requesting this feature be added and ask to be added to "Bug 3999" in the text section of the ticket (not in the subject line).

Caron Wills wrote:

If you don't mind, please submit a support ticket requesting this
feature be added and ask to be added to "Bug 3999" in the text
section of the ticket (not in the subject line).

I would, but as an advocate only, I can't submit tickets.

Send an email to info@codeweavers.com. This will create a ticket in our ticket system ^_~, and while this address is normally only used to request information, it will be greatly helpful to us to have a ticket from you that we can track.

I need this as well and I couldn't install the sp using unsupported install. I don't know how to archive the bottle.

G'day

Just to confirm, I have tried to install Office 2007 SP1 from the SP1 exe file, with the Office 2007 DVD in the DVD drive, and it fails. Running Crossover Office 7.0.2 on Leopard 10.5.4 (have also tried on Crossover 7.0.2 on Ubuntu 8.04 with exactly the same results)

Cheers

Please be advised, this is a known issue that we are attempting to resolve. If you would like to be added to the request to resolve this issue, please submit a support ticket with the title of this thread and reference bug 3999 in the text section of the ticket.

If you are unable to file a support ticket, please send an email to info@codeweavers.com with the above instructions and we will add you to the request.

This truly is a feature we want to support and we are making progress on it daily.

Thank you.

1 to 11 of 11

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV3lBMmFGQUpIekxZUFlUYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9