CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Diablo IV on Mac Pro

Howdy--

Recently purchased Diablo IV and was ready to hit the cloud gaming platforms. Tried the Apple gaming port kit, to no avail. (Turns out this is only for the ARM/M1/2 chips)

I then stumbled upon CrossOver. I was super excited.

Everything worked great - installed properly, got everything working well.

Went to run the game and I was out of luck: it froze as soon as it got past the connection screens (which all looked great, and it was in my native resolution). I was able to click a character, then it froze.

Something I tried for quite some time was playing with the settings. I was able to hit esc just in time to get to the options menu and turn everything down to Low, just to be sure it was not the issue. This let me past the one screen, but not the next.

I am running two cards: A Vega Pro II MPX module, and a Radeon Pro 5700 MPX module. Both of them have no problems running Diablo III or any other Blizzard game natively in the macOS version of battle.net, but I do understand D4 is newer. Not sure why it would be this bad though?

It seems crossover is working correctly, except that when I tried to switch to the Radeon Pro 5700 card to see if that helped, the machine knows I am using it, and I even rebooted it - but D4 still shows the vega.

Don't see a way to change this.

Wondering if anyone has had a similar issue, or a potential fix -- or even any words of encouragement. Have spent the entire day on this and am feeling genuinely defeated. Was really looking forward to playing. I really don't want to pay monthly to rent someone else's hardware. Happy to pay for CrossOver though, if we can get this working!

Blizzard sucks.

That is all. And thank you.

Tony

Tried to edit, but looks like I solved it. It was defaulting to the Vega II even when I had the "better" for gaming card (GDDR6 5700) plugged into the monitor.

Working great now! Thank you CrossOver.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiV01OQVZRYnJBM3FUWDU3NyIsImdkcHIiOjB9