CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Diablo 4 Steam version

Wondering if anyone has gotten the Steam version of Diablo 4 to run? I just bought the game because it was on sale on Steam, and I noticed the CrossOver app has it at a 4 star compatibility rating. I didn't realize that the install process on CrossOver only takes you through the Battle.net method to install.

Anyway I tried just installing a Steam bottle and then launching Diablo 4 through it, but I get this error every time it tries to open:

I am running a 14 inch M1 MacBook Pro with the M1 Pro CPU, 16GB RAM and 500GB SSD. I am on 14.0 Sonoma. CrossOver Version 23.6.0.36545. It is a fresh install of CrossOver on a recently factory reset MacBook. Launching bottle with D3DMetal and ESync. Bottle installed as Windows 10, but I also tried going into the Wine Configuration and changing it to Windows 11, but got the same result.

-Edit: tried rolling back to 23.5. Same issue.

Any luck with getting D4 Steam edition to run?
Hope they issue a fix soon.

Unfortunately not. I refunded the game for now. If someone finds a fix, I'll buy it again.

Hi folks,

We're looking into this issue, but no updates yet.

Best,
Meredith

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi folks,

Best,
Meredith

Wonderful, thank you. Hope you find a fix soon.

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi folks,

Best,
Meredith

Any update to this?

Erik Svendsen wrote:

Meredith Johnson wrote:

Hi folks,

Best,
Meredith

Any update to this?

Just got an email today about the beta for 23.7

"CrossOver 23.7 also includes several game-specific fixes. Fallout 4 and the Steam version of Diablo IV are both now playable. Counter-Strike 2 is now fully playable with great performance with D3DMetal enabled. We also improved the Apple login experience with Marvel Snap."

NICE!

When will the Version be released? Or is there any Option to access the beta?

Hi Philipp,

Our beta is currently closed, and we expect 23.7 to be released sometime later this month.

Best,
Meredith

hello. so, can you help us to start d4 with 23.7?

ps im sorry. it was started

1 to 10 of 10

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoienpMUHNOVzZjS3k3Z2FoYyIsImdkcHIiOjB9