CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Multiple issues with CrossOver Mac (stuck on scanning, force shut down not working,...)

Hi there!

I just launched CrossOver for the first time in a while and all my bottles were stuck on scanning. I tried installing a new one but to no avail. And then the program becomes non-responsive as the "Force Shut Down" feature does not work. Same if I try to uninstall a bottle and even quitting the Crossover application. I updated to the latest version and I have the same issues.

I used the Terminal to install some files (some Wine related) recently-ish (between the last time I used Crossover and today) so it could be the issue.

Is there a way to delete some files so as to do a clean install so I can better pinpoint the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Edit: I'm using CrossOver on a MacBook Air M2 and I just updated to 23.0.1 on my iMac M1 and the same issues occur.

Hi Antoine,

Without knowing exactly what you did, it's hard to troubleshoot. But fully uninstalling and reinstalling CrossOver might help: https://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/mac/mactutorial/uninstall

Best,
Meredith

Hi Meredith,

The thing is, I don't know what I did wrong either. It just happened.

Unfortunately I can't access the link as it is locked and asking me for a key: https://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/uninstaller-oem/

Could you please provide one?

Thanks!

Antoine Clerc-Renaud wrote:

Hi Meredith,

The thing is, I don't know what I did wrong either. It just happened.

Unfortunately I can't access the link as it is locked and asking me for a key: https://www.codeweavers.com/xfer/uninstaller-oem/

Could you please provide one?

Thanks!

The password is in the same sentence as the download link in that tutorial :)

Best,
Meredith

My bad, I went too fast. Thank you for your patience and your help. It's highly appreciated.

I have exactly the same issue as the first paragraph. on mac Mini 2020 with M1 processor on macOS 13.6 (also 13.5)

I have uninstalled Crossover and reinstalled it.

But it still does the same.

How do I get Crossover to stop scanning? and also allow crossover to quit?

Had the same issue, repairing the bottles did the trick for me.

Configure -> Repair bottles..

Tried repairing.

24 hours later it is still repairing.

Woot! Either it finally did what it needed OR I fixed it as below..but it stopped Scanning....!!!!
I "think" I triggered the condition by clicking the Radio buttons too fast and as a result, I ended up with both D3DMetal and DXVK OFF. The Scanning started almost immediately after that. Or it was just a coincidence. I did have Sea of Thieves in this stuck "Uninstall" State so I was letting it reinstall before I tried anything else. The app finally reinstalled and I ran/tried to run it and quit and then did the below.
Either way, just now, I was clicking on the greyed out button sliders out of desperation and got one of buttons to set to ON and Immediately the Scanning stopped....
So either a wild coincidence OR tied to the buttons?
I will update my ticket with this gibberish and maybe it makes sense to the Devs.
Best Regards and Best Wishes!

Greetings All,

For some reason, one bottle is stuck on scanning. Might be due to a Steam app that would not Uninstall..then it automatically tried to reinstall in Steam...Stopped and Tried to Uninstall that one app again...somewhere along the way..If that is the cause..the bottle gave up and now it's Scanning... Can't Reboot as the tools are not displayed.

I have tried Repairing the Bottle but that did not work. I have tried 3 versions of Crossover and bottle shows same Scanning status.

Is there a tool available to fix this? Or a command I can run in Term to reset the bottle config? I would prefer not having to delete the bottle until out of options. I grok the Uninstall procs if and when....

Thanks for any suggestions/tips! Best Regards and Best Wishes!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiVlFBYnRIQkdoeFhhVjhzMyIsImdkcHIiOjB9