CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

ODBC

I tried to install a program that used ODBC to access a database. (The program is Thumbsplus, am image cataloger.) It specifically was trying to use the Microsoft Access ODBC module. It did not work. Despite my hacking around for a while, I still get error messages on start up.

Initially the error was that unixODBC would not find the program file it needed. Not being able to figure out unixODBC very quickly I installed ODBC in the bottle and manually configured a data source. This kinda works but on start up it always says: "The ODBC driver registry configuration is incorrect. Would you like ThumbsPlus to attempt to repair this automatically (requires administrator privileges)?" Whether I say yes or no, the program starts but it gives the same error the next time.

If I try to create a new database I get: "Database error: SQL Connect Error <IM002> [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified."

So, how should I have done things?

Finally when the database opens the the thrumbnails open but none of the files do. ThumbsPlus references the files by network path \<node>\<share>\<path>, is there anyway to make this work.

Thanks for any advice.

Gene

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiaDJjdFB0ZlQ1NXN3NTh3MiIsImdkcHIiOjB9