CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Missing libraries (?) on Fedora 31

Hi,
I recently switched from Ubuntu to Fedora 31 and Crossover 19 does not run on this platform.

When I launch crossover (installed from the RPM), I see this message:

CrossOver needs your permission to install missing packages.
This operation must be run as root:

sh -c "dnf install --best libX11.i686 libX11.x86_64 libXext.i686 libXext.x86_64"

However,

Package libX11-1.6.9-2.fc31.i686 is already installed.
Package libX11-1.6.9-2.fc31.x86_64 is already installed.
Package libXext-1.3.4-2.fc31.i686 is already installed.
Package libXext-1.3.4-2.fc31.x86_64 is already installed.
Dependencies resolved.

Nonetheless, Crossover then shows an error message:

Missing 32-bit libX11.so.6 library
Missing 32-bit libXext.so.6 library

And no application runs. I tried cxdiag -auto but it did not help. Note that the above-mentioned libraries are installed in /usr/lib and /usr/lib64.
As an aside, I have a separate Wine installation that runs.

Does anybody know how to fix this?

Hi,

I'm not on Fedora but I think the same rules applies.

You need to install i386 version of all this libraries to be able to install crossover. The same as on debian base systems. Probably searching with google how to do it for Fedora will solve your problem.

Good luck

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWTl3WHlMdWtFS2NHN0ZrVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9