CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Application cannot run over virtual machine

hi!! i tryng to play the crossfire game on the crossover games, but after install when i try to open the game, i got a erro message like that
"This Application can not run over a virtual machine " os something like that, i got the same error on vmware, but if a use that config on vmware
svga.vramSize = 268435456
monitor_control.restrict_backdoor = "true"
isolation.tools.getPtrLocation.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.setPtrLocation.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.setVersion.disable = "true"
isolation.tools.getVersion.disable = "true"
monitor_control.disable_directexec = "true"

he works fine, there is some way to use that kind of config on the crossover games??
thank you for you atention.

Hi,

According to info over at wineHQ, this title uses GameGuard...see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=15850

If that is in fact correct, GameGuard is known not to work with
crossover/wine at this stage.

Cheers!

that report was done on the open beta version of the game, on todays version he doesnt use gg anymore, now it uses xtrap, it was also not working on vmware when using gameguard, but it works now after change to xtrap, so i belive is possible to run over the crossover games using some adjusts like i have done on vmware.

Hi again,

Well thanks for the info, but do be aware that a virtual machine (and results achieved
using one) have absolutely nothing in common with using crossover/wine - there are no
parallels to be drawn here...ie; a virtual machine uses a 'real' windows kernel while
crossover/wine does not...

With respect to xtrap....same story I'm afraid, they've swapped one 'rootkit' for another..

http://bugs.winehq.org/show_bug.cgi?id=11344

Such anticheat/DRM type rootkits typically do not work in wine because we don't use
a 'real' windows kernel...that's the long and the short of it.

Cheers!

well, i belive I will need to keep using vmware =/ thank you for you atention and for the info,

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWFdjbkdrVU5MeXNMN0ZNVyIsImdkcHIiOjB9