CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Get an error creating a bottle

The issue I'm getting is creating a bottle it doesn't seem to read perl correctly:

Can't load '/System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Mac/Files/Files.bundle' for module Mac::Files: /System/Library/Perl/Extras/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/Mac/Files/Files.bundle: no appropriate 64-bit architecture (see "man perl" for running in 32-bit mode) at /System/Library/Perl/5.10.0/darwin-thread-multi-2level/DynaLoader.pm line 207, <DATA> line 1.
at /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/perl/CXBottle.pm line 59
Compilation failed in require at /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/SharedSupport/CrossOver/lib/perl/CXBottle.pm line 59, <DATA> line 1.

Any thoughts??

Thanks - obviously a new user

Make sure you have the latest version of CrossOver. That error makes me think you're running a version 7.x or earlier on Snow Leopard. Snow Leopard introduced changes such that it requires CrossOver 8.x or later.

You can download the latest version to which you're entitled by going to My Account along the top row, followed by My Downloads along the left-hand side. 😊

I checked that after reading that on a ticket and it's the 9.0.1 version of the software. I'm in the trial version of the software as I have fusion installed, but would like something that isn't fully running windows. I'm going to see about if there is a problem with the perl install on my computer.

Just reinstalled PERL via the Charlessoft Pacifist software. Still same issue..

Ok, just installed 8.0.1 version as well and still same issue. Can someone please help other than saying it needs to be 8.0 or higher as I have both and neither will create a bottle. The software looks really cool and I would like to use this instead of fusion, but at this rate it's not going to happen. Also, I have tried to change the mode to 32-bit perl and setting the environment commands and such doesn't seem to do anything as I have stated the following:

env VERSIONER_PERL_PREFER_32_BIT=yes
env VERSIONER_PERL_VERSION=5.8.9 or env VERSIONER_PERL_VERSION=5.10.0 or env VERSIONER_PERL_VERSION=5.10.1 (installed this to try as well)

no matter what I set it to it uses 5.10.0 in 64-bit mode. Am I doing something wrong here?

I have also tried: env VERSIONER_PERL_PREFER_32_BIT=yes /Applications/CrossOver.app/Contents/MacOS/CrossOver which loads the program, but still uses 64-bit mode.

Not sure where to turn on this.. Any other thoughts or am I out on my own on this? Sorry if I sound upset about it and I appreciate all help, but I'm getting frustrated with this. Also, there is a ticket open on this exact issue and it hasn't been updated since feb.. so I'm wondering where codeweavers is with that.

Thanks

This issue has been forwarded to the Official CodeWeavers Ticket System. If you have observed this issue and would like to report it as well, please open a support ticket or send an email to info@codeweavers.com with a description of what you are seeing and a link to this post.

Thank you!
The CodeWeavers Team

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiNUN1aGZHSnBUdFl6U1VYVCIsImdkcHIiOjB9