CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

CrossOver: Steam (TF2) Help

While browsing the forums yesterday for a fix to the "all black/white" screen that pops up when you attempt to launch a Steam game, I finally found the answer. However, now that I got the dimensions and the game playing in a window, the game won't start! Upon launching TF2 a window pops up and has one of the VALVe logos. (The one with the valve in the back of the guy's head) After this another VALVe thing like this shows up and then the screen goes blank. Boom; no TF2. I'd appreciate some help here.

Thanks!

Hi,

Highlight the TF2 entry in STeam and rightclick->properties

Set launch options to exclude plating the intro video with the -novid option.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Artist Formally Known as Dot wrote:

Hi,

Highlight the TF2 entry in STeam and rightclick->properties

Set launch options to exclude plating the intro video with the
-novid option.

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Thanks, but it still doesn't work. I inserted the -novid option but now the screen is pure black and won't do anything. I tried re-launching it and trying to join servers, but the screen stayed black.

Check out http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/CXGames9ResetWindowedMode and see if clearing the game's registry gets it working.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZ1hlQVFDa2JQejRzN1VUdCIsImdkcHIiOjB9