CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

VideoRedo TVSuite v. 4 compatibility?

I installed CrossOver 9.0.1 for the Mac (OS X 10.5.8) just to use VideoReDo TVSuite v. 4, but that app does not work with CrossOver at all. It installs and allows the registration key to be entered (I had been using it with Parallels Desktop) but I cannot bring up its Options menu without having CrossOver crash, and trying to open an MPEG video in VRD in CrossOver causes repeated out of memory conditions. Your database lists a much older version of VRD and says it does not work. It also says the publisher is no longer around, but http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm says that is far from true. I wonder when was the last time you looked at this application?

I would like to help get VRD working in CrossOver, but I am reluctant to pay for CrossOver unless there is some hope for VRD compatibility in it sometime soon. Please advise ....

Hi,

Eric Stewart wrote:

I installed CrossOver 9.0.1 for the Mac (OS X 10.5.8) just to use
VideoReDo TVSuite v. 4, but that app does not work with CrossOver at
all. It installs and allows the registration key to be entered (I
had been using it with Parallels Desktop) but I cannot bring up its
Options menu without having CrossOver crash, and trying to open an
MPEG video in VRD in CrossOver causes repeated out of memory
conditions.

This sounds about right, in view of other test results I can see over at
wineHQ -- granted they're not tests of v4 perse, but it seems this title
has a longish history of being known not to work in wine..see;

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=10708

..&..

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManager.php?sClass=version&iId=18053

Eric Stewart wrote:

Your database lists a much older version of VRD and says it does
not work. It also says the publisher is no longer around, but
http://www.videoredo.com/en/index.htm says that is far from true. I
wonder when was the last time you looked at this application?

Actually, the database entry is non-version specific -- the download >link<
however does point back to an older version, which goes on to infer that was
the version tested that earned the database entry the 'known not to work' medal.
The company string on the other hand, is incorrect...thanks for pointing that out.

Although it's not immediately apparent, the C4 database is a form of community driven
wiki -- that is to say, in reference to this 'you' person queried above, that addresses
mostly the advocates/customers who maintain and participate in the C4 database construct.
...although the codeweavers crew of Mighty Ninjas do their best to overlook the whole
of C4, their concentration or focus centers on 'supported' apps/games, and other 'popular'
titles which are known to work. In consequence, titles like this can tend to be overlooked
from time to time, and that's where people like yourself who actually report things play
a part, by catching the attention of people like me (an advocate), to help make C4 a better place...

I'll ping the Ninjas with the company string/download link info, they'll fix the page ASAP, thanks!

Eric Stewart wrote:

I would like to help get VRD working in CrossOver, but I am
reluctant to pay for CrossOver unless there is some hope for VRD
compatibility in it sometime soon. Please advise ....

Some many times, windows programs don't work in crossover, -because- they don't yet work in
wine. That is to say, the base wine core itself does not (yet) support whatever function the
program is asking for that is provided by a 'real' windows OS/kernel. Seeing the references
to this program working with hardware devices like STB/TiVo would make me suspect the program
is relying on some ActiveX component that is, as yet, unsupported/not present in the wine base
code. Simply put, these supports would have to probably appear in mainstream wine first, before
they will appear in the crossover wine build -- if that be the case, it'd be logical for you to
save your money, and pursue the avenue of trying to get VideoReDo TVSuite running in mainstream
wine first...that way, "sometime soon" might become "sometime sooner" ; right now, it looks like
"sometime soon" might be years away... 8)

Hope this helps...

Cheers!

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQkV0VVljTjNuYWdlTVk1ZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9