CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Cannot print from within microsoft office in crossover

I have the trial version & have successfully installed office 2002. However when I attempt to print something, the printer hangs up. excel recognizes the printer in the windows excel print menu, but then the system locks up. If I can't get anything to print, it's probably not worth buying the program. I would also like to switch back to quicken for windows 2009 from quicken for mac 2007 which is a NIGHTMARE.

Someone from codeweavers told me to install a postscript version of my printers, but the apple store genius said that might mess up the way snow leopard handles the print chores in regular mac applications. Anyone have ideas?

Why type of printer do you have? Usually Crossover can only successfully print to printers that support postscript, but if your printer doesn't understand postscript you can try a workaround like cups-pdf (http://www.codeweavers.com/support/wiki/PrintFromCrossover) to create a pdf with and then print that pdf with a native Mac application like Preview.

I would suggest not offering CUPS PDF as a solution - it sends files to nowhere! Right now I need to "upload" the document/file/etc through a web service to covert it to pdf because none of the directions anyone has attempted to provide me to get CUPS PDF to actually print anywhere have either been complete gobble gook or have been straight up wrong. Right now this inability to print from Crossover is making it absolutely worthless.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiWFJoUTN1SktGbUwzWnhuWCIsImdkcHIiOjB9