CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover 23.6 - M3 iMac - Older Windows Programs

I had previously run an older Windows program - Lotus Approach - under Crossover (I believe it was version 21.1 because that is the last download available in my CodeWeavers account) - before I got my M1 (and now M3) iMac, and it ran perfectly. Don't remember if I tried it on my M1 iMac, but I now have an M3 iMac and thought I would try it again (also because of an interest in running the newer Diablo games LOL).
I downloaded the current version of Crossover (I believe it said 23.6) and while I can get Approach to install (tried 3 or 4 different Windows versions bottles), it will run great until I try to switch to some printout forms, then the program will either quick, show me a blank page where the printout should be displayed, or the screen for program will just flicker quickly.
Is this because I have an M3 iMac and Crossover will not run properly on it? I have not tried to install any other programs yet because if I can't get Approach to work, then I can't switch from my Parallels/Windows 11ARM combination to Crossover.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Followup. I found an old post of mine that someone from Crossover made reference to the Graphics area of the configuration screen. I change the graphics settings there to an and I got Approach to display properly and print the forms from within the program. YEAH!!!

I then tried installing Microsoft Links 2003. Again the installation (in a Windows 32Bit bottle) went fine but after loading and showing the Links splash screen, the program will crash. I tried adjusting the resolution again, but nothing works. Any ideas/suggestions?
Thanks

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia0JZWEZudzVTaHFVTmU3ZiIsImdkcHIiOjB9