CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

I can't install any bottles

Crossover always worked for me, but since the last update it stopped working. When I try to install a program or game, the following warning appears: "cxbottle:error: unable to create the 'Age of Empires II Definitive Edition-2' bottle in '/Users/willosarmiento/Library/Application Support/CrossOver/Bottles/Age of Empires II Definitive Edition-2'"

That happens with any bottle I want to install.

My computer: MacBook Pro (16", 2021), Apple M1 Pro, 16 GB, Monterey version 12.2.1

Are you by any chance using a nightly release now? I used to have that issue too.

Having the same issue with M1 and Monterey 12.2.1. Crossover does not open old apps nor does it install new ones after updating to 23.5. It happens with both listed applications (internet download) and unlisted applications (local installer file).
Same M1 specs as the first post.

same here...i downloaded crossover trial earlier last year and my unlisted apps worked smoothly. Now i just decided to purchase it (believing it will still work) yet none of those unlisted apps work anymore.

Hi folks,

There are a few reasons why bottle creation would fail, including use of antivirus software and running very outdated macOS versions. I recommend submitting a support ticket for personalized attention to figure out what local issue you're running into.

Best,
Meredith

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI0OTU4MTA0LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiQlZFS3VwRUJxYlE2MmFZeiIsImdkcHIiOjB9