CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Steam not launching after crushing computer

EDIT: after re-installing seemed to solve the problem, as suggested by support team. Thank you!

I use Mac Sonoma version 14.1.2. 32GB. "Wine Configuration" set to windows 10.

Over the past few months I've been playing GW2 through Steam but every now and then in the middle of playing the computer restarted with no apparent reason. Those things happened more frequently. Until yesterday, after the last crush (restart), Steam has stopped launching.
When I click on Steam in the bottle, only the Steam icon shows on the dock bar for about 2-5 seconds and then disappears (smilingly opened and then closed). I can't see Steamweblauncher opening with it, so I assume this has something to do with that, as all the other times I saw the launcher opens and now it's gone.
I saw threads using commands: flushconfig, vgui. I tried using them with the "run with options" but nothing changed (I used with "-" and without it, as I don't know how to write commands, I just wanted to game). I also tried removing the cache like suggested there from both folders: "appcache" and "depot cache" (in "Program Files (x86)\Steam"). But again, nothing.
I tried updating to the latest version of crossover: version 23.7.1 (23.7.1.36573), but it didn't help as well.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoia0E3OXlWeUFtYkdheHR3YyIsImdkcHIiOjB9