CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Mac
Discussion about CrossOver Mac

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Not Sufficient Disk Space App Install Error

I had an "issue" and I don't know if it is macOS related or Crossover. Initially when trying to install Diablo 4 (the 90GB install with the high res setting on) I kept being told that there was not enough HD space even though at the time I had well over 120GB. I spoke to an Apple Tech and he said that the program's installer was not reading the "available space" but was only seeing the space AFTER it deleted the "purgeable" files, which it is not supposed to take into account. He had me do a full reinstall of macOS Sonoma and then reinstall my apps. But he was assuming it was the way either Battlenet or the combination of Battlenet/Crossover that was mis-reading the space on the internal HD. Any ideas?

Hi Steven,

That's correct; for example, if you have local Time Machine backups, applications running through Wine won't see the correct amount of free space. There's no workaround at the moment; we just recommend disabling local snapshots.

Best,
Meredith

Thanks for the clarification. So the Apple Senior Tech was right when I mentioned Crossover/Battlenet and he said to look into how they read the hard drive.

It’s possible that local
TimeMachine snapshots are holding up some space. You can purge it by running the command
tmutil thinlocalsnapshots / 100000000000 4

Wrote More details about this here.

If the space you need to recover is not the local snapshots, you might need to use apps like DaisyDisk to purge all purgeable locations. This one can be tricky to manually delete them as it’s all over the place.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI1OTE2ODI4LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiSlJDYjhaS1k5M3ZzZVl3YSIsImdkcHIiOjB9