CrossOver Support - Community Forums

Important Information These are community forums and not official technical support. If you need official support: Contact Us

CrossOver Linux
Discussion about CrossOver Linux

The following comments are owned by whoever posted them. We are not responsible for them in any way.

Back to Threads Reply to Thread

Crossover office and Outlook 365

Hi,

After some time I am required to use some Microsoft product again to get to use a share mailbox without impersonating,
so I tried Outlook 2016 with the latest trial version of crossover which ended in a disaster. (install ok, after adding the mailaccount it just crashed)

Then I tried the office 365 as I got to a client license of it, the setup works fine however the Outlook Program just hangs at start and that's it.
I used the installer package from the office 365 download page, however I did not get to choose between a 32 an 64 bit version.
Is Outlook 365 working reliable, or do I always have some fear if either CX Office or Outlook gets an update?

The OS is a Xubuntu with XFCE and turned off compositing because the Laptop hardware is not that good.

If you're trying to use MS Outlook with a Microsoft Exchange account I am afraid you're out of luck. My personal solution has been to use Thunderbird with the ExQuilla plugin instead.

Hi,

In the O365 Version it did not even get that far to add any account if local exchange nor O365.
I would use Evolution however that Admins configured the shared Mailbox in that way, that it can't added with
Evolution as it's using a specific impersonate mode which is blocked. Outlook seems to add it in another way.

Please Note: This Forum is for non-application specific questions relating to installation/configuration of CrossOver. All application-specific posts to this Forum will be moved to their appropriate Compatibility Center Forum.

CrossOver Forums: the place to discuss running Windows applications on Mac and Linux

CodeWeavers or its third-party tools process personal data (e.g. browsing data or IP addresses) and use cookies or other identifiers, which are necessary for its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in our Privacy Policy. You accept the use of cookies or other identifiers by clicking the Acknowledge button.
Please Wait...
eyJjb3VudHJ5IjoiVVMiLCJsYW5nIjoiZW4iLCJjYXJ0IjowLCJ0enMiOi01LCJjZG4iOiJodHRwczpcL1wvbWVkaWEuY29kZXdlYXZlcnMuY29tXC9wdWJcL2Nyb3Nzb3Zlclwvd2Vic2l0ZSIsImNkbnRzIjoxNzI3NDcwNjA2LCJjc3JmX3Rva2VuIjoiZGhRQnZIRUNmTWFoTkVOUSIsImdkcHIiOjB9